Sunday, May 10, 2015

Spring Soccer

The girls played soccer this spring and have really advanced since last season.  I was very impressed with how aggressive they both have became and are enjoying the sport.  Mya is still intimidated by some of the bigger girls but typically gets in there and tries really hard.  She doesn't give up and that is something that she didn't do last time.  She has scored several times even!
 
Macy has really done well.  She is one of the better players on the team actually and has scored in almost every game.  She isn't afraid of the other kids, even if they are bigger and older than her.  Macy really goes after it and some of that is probably because her dad is the coach and has high expectations.  She likes him coaching her though, unlike her sister!  I think Fredo will really enjoy coaching them as they get older, but at this age it's still somewhat hard. 
 
The girls look forward to their soccer games and I appreciate that they are choosing to do the sport rather than being made to.  I hope that my kids grow up knowing they have a choice and even if it wasn't something I did as a child, if they want to then I will let them try anything.  Of course with one stipulation that once you start, you finish.  Parenting is very tricky.  Just in sports alone there's a fine line between congratulating them on a job well done but also continuing to inspire and motivate them to do better.  Not to crush their little precious spirits but in the same breath be honest about their abilities and encourage them to always give 100%.  In the end, they both know that if they try their hardest, we will always be the proudest parents out there. 
 
They both want to play Rec soccer this summer so there will be more to come!
 

 












No comments: