Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Progression with the Potty
Just wanted to write a short note on our potty progression. Mya has been doing wonderful here at home! I'm not so sure the babysitter takes the time right now. In reality, i'm not sure she believes me :-) For the past two evenings Mya has had a dry diaper. She has gone pee in her potty both nights, and she also went this morning when we woke up!! I am so totally amazed by her and very, very proud. I'm not trying to push here, and we go several times and sit before she actually goes. I guess I should maybe look into potty training diapers now? It just seems so soon. I wasn't ready to even attempt it until around Sept-Oct when she was 18months. And that is almost too early. I guess my little gem is just ready now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just a little bit of advice that I learned with my boys about potty training. Though the potty training diapers are convenient because they come up and down, they wick the moisture away from their little bodies, just like a diaper does. So they don't get that really uncomfortable wet feeling like having training panties does. It's such a pain to have to deal with accidents, but on the other hand they need to learn to hate the wet feeling.
So I read somewhere with the boys that you can try wearing the Pull-Up over underwear at night or when you are places that you just can't afford to have a wet outfit. That way you have the safety net of the pull-up but you are still training them with the uncomfortable wet feeling.
Just a little idea that worked for us...
Go with it! Mya is a smart girl. No one should be surprised that she's well advanced!!!! And Good Luck!
Post a Comment