Saturday, July 11, 2009

PooPoo in the Potty!

Okay, so we may be jumping the gun just a little considering Mya is just 15 months old. But...she did Poop in the potty!! So the story goes: she was squatting and grunting in front of the bathroom, and I said "Mya, are you going poop? Do you want to go on the potty?" She ran to the potty and lifted up the lid. I pulled off her shorts and diaper and stuck her on it. Mind you, we don't have a potty for her yet! I held her there while she pushed it out! Sorry, it may be gross but I'm a proud Mama! We were doing the "poopoo in the potty" dance and she looked at us like we were nuts :-) I'm absolutely sure potty training won't be easy, and this was just good timing, but still, its something to brag about! I guess we should get a little potty for her. We haven't been trying to train her, but every time I go to the potty I tell her what I am doing, and I always tell her if she peed or pooped so hopefully she will connect them all together. It may be a long shot but it seems to be working okay for now. Such a smart little thing!


I was so excited I had to tell that first, but it has been a super long time since my last post. Not much has gone on and I have just been plain lazy I suppose. Our 4th of July was nice camping and we did get a few shots of beautiful Mya.
Sweet Smooches
We started Aqua Babies at the pool last week. It is good fun and Mya really enjoys it. She wants to be Miss Independent and walk around, but she finally got the hint that it is too deep. Mya has been on her belly and back, splashed and kicked, 'swam' to get a ball, played with sponges, blew in the water, and has gone under water once. Mommy is a little scared of the underwater thing. I'm sure when she is older and around Great-Grandpa Zeke he will dunk her enough that she doesn't need me too! :-)



And a few more just around the house.

My mom gave me this little doll bed. I remember playing with it as a kid and she kept if for mine. Love the sentimental value of that! Mya has been putting her babies to sleep in it, but decided to give it a try herself.
Alfredo goes to KC to get Kaiden this weekend so he will be here for 3 weeks this time. It always changes things up so much with another kid. He is very good and can wipe his own bottom and tell me what he wants, but it is another person to look after. I'm excited and love to watch him and Mya interact.
For the next few weeks, my home will be filled with love and proven by being a complete mess. I will try not to pull my hair out and keep it all together, wish me luck!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow! Good for her! Some kids do potty train super early, maybe she'll be one of them! Good luck!

Janae said...

Yeah Mya!