Tuesday, June 30, 2009

True Love

3 Years ago today I met my wonderful husband. I was working at the hospital and an a co-worker of mine called me one evening. I was caught off guard because she didn't have my phone number and somehow she tracked me down. She called to ask what I was doing that evening because she wanted to invite me down to hang out with her, her boyfriend and his friend. Hmm...sounds like a set up huh? I told her that I already had plans: I was suppose to go out to Melissa's parents with her and hang out but that fizzled. So, I called her back and asked details. She said her bf just moved in with his friend and just wanted me to come down, drink a few beers and maybe watch a movie. So, what the heck, I had nothing else to do. I asked her what he looked like, she said he is Mexican (my thoughts were, tan skin and nice accent) and that he had 6-pack abs. Okay, how can you say no to that right? He lived in Ark City so I drove down and met them. It is a joke now because she told him I was a nurse. He was set up with another nurse who was a bit homely and overweight. He thought this would be the same scenario. I walked into his house and he was on the phone but immediately got off. He was nice and handsome so I was excited. We decided to ride motorcycles instead of watching movies. We rode down to good 'ole Newkirk and stopped in at that bar, our first true quiet setting to get to know each other. I must admit, I used the motorcycle to my advantage and got a good feel of his chest...yes, a true six pack with nice pecs...Yumm! :-) The night went on from there and we headed back and stopped at another bar in A.C. then back to his house. The next day I headed to OKC to visit my grandpa in the hospital. They had gone out to the lake and he called me several times to ask me to come out there. I didn't go to the lake but I did end up coming back and hanging out. It's happily ever after from there. Another joke is that once we met, I never left. The best decision I ever made!

So by surprise today, I got home from work and my loving hubby had flowers, a card, and a love note for me. I feel bad because I didn't have anything for him, but I absolutely love the sentimental kindness behind it all. He remembers and cherishes that moment. It makes me feel very special and loved. I don't know what I would do without him in my life and could never imagine life any different. I can honestly say, I am living my dream! I love you honey, and thanks so much!! Muah!
So thoughtful: 3 roses for 3 years!

This date is very special in our lives. Exactly one year later after we met we were on vacation in Jamaica. We had a candlelight dinner set up to celebrate 1 year together and he proposed!! PERFECTION! Who can say their husband proposed in Jamaica over a candle light dinner overlooking the beautiful beach with the waves splashing in the background?!? I know, I'm lucky if I must say so myself! And another twist is that around that same time we conceived our precious little MYA. I love my life!

1 comment:

JD said...

Fixups are the best as far as I can say. That's how Andy and I got together. You definitely got the romantic one. Yours proposed in the Islands. Mine proposed in his underwear when I was still rubbing the sleep from my eyes! LOL But he has his other redeeming qualities that make up for his utter lack of romance! Some guys are just not made that way I think. Point in case, Valentines Diaster. Need I say more? LOL