Mya and Katie have been friends ever since they could talk. They go to daycare together and have became "best friends" over the years (the whole 2 years but that's half their life already lol). If you also read Theresa's blog, you know a lot about Katie already but let me fill you in a little on their daycare friendship :)
Story #1. The other day Mya had a scrape on her nose which she got the night before here at home. She told Deb it was a burn. Hmmm. When I asked Mya in front of Deb she had no response. Typical. Katie however said "She fell off the couch at home and hit her nose" Thanks Katie! Now Deb knows I don't burn my kids!! I would love to hear that little convo between the two girls though because Katie knew the truth.
Story #2 which brought me to write this blog.
Monday night:
Mya: Can we talk? (Alfredo will sit Mya down and ask her to have a talk. Usually about how her day was, etc.)
Me: Sure
Mya: Well, Katie is mad at me
Me: Really. Why?
Mya: Because she won't listen to me and I got mad. So we are not friends anymore.
Me: Well, she doesn't always have to listen to you. You both need to agree on things. Maybe you should say you are sorry to her tomorrow.
Mya: Okay Mom.
As we all rub off on our children, sometimes it's not always good qualities. I am a very, VERY type A personality. I could go into further detail, but you get the idea! Mya expects to get what she wants, immediately. Very strong willed.
Tuesday night:
Mya: Can we talk?
Me: Absolutely
Mya: I said I was sorry to Katie and now we are friends again.
Me: That's great Mya. Good job. See how you can say you're sorry and talk about it and now its all better?
Mya: Ya, Can I have some chocolate milk please?
Bahahahaha!
So in the little world of 3 almost 4 year olds, an argument between friends only last a day! Oh how I love the innocence. Katie and Mya both will go to pre-school next year which will be very sad for both of them I'm sure. Katie doesn't live here so they won't see each other a daycare anymore and won't be in school together either. It's too bad, because they are Best Friends!
1 comment:
Katie talks about Mya every. single. day. They are bestest friends!
I am seriously going to cry on Katie's last day at Debbie's! Katie is really struggling knowing their time together is so limited. She just cries anytime we talk about it. It's so hard!
Post a Comment