Sunday, February 12, 2012

New Floors!

My husband is very handy and has really done a lot around our house lately.  I appreciate all of his hard work and making it feel like "our home".  I think we are done for a while now though :)  I have had many visions and he has carried them out better than expected.  So, the last thing we did, which is probably one of the first things we wanted to do, was the floors in our walkway, kitchen and dining room.  

There were three different types of tile in these three areas.  It looked awful.  So some before and afters: 


BEFORE:
Walkway

Dining Room

Kitchen
In progress.
I am sort-of uptight at this stage.  It drives me nuts to have my house is such disarray but I know the end result is worth it.


AFTER:
Walkway
Dining Room

Dining Room

Kitchen
Looks a million times better!!!  I am sooo happy with the end result! Now, I really feel like it's complete. Alfredo is ready for a rest.  He worked the entire day Saturday and half of the day Sunday just installing the floors.  Not including taking all that ceramic tile up which was the pits he says ;)  I'm really just the supervisor lol!

I was in charge of the girls all weekend.  I know it's a mom's job, but really when you have no one to give them to for 5 minutes, its just as hard as installing the floors-I swear!  All I heard was --Mommy this and Mommy that --both at the same time.  They were whiny, needy little girls who just wanted to get away from all of the construction like mommy did.  We all tried our best to make it a fun time stuck inside the house. Where else do you really go? Walmart? Yep, did that and it cost me $100 bucks!!  So we made Valentines and projects, read books, watched movies and played Barbies.  My Barbie was speaking Spanish to Mya and I was informed "Barbie's don't speak Spanish" Oh, okay dear!!

Mya's eyes look this way because she cried for probably a good 30 minutes. Why you ask? Because she didn't get her way.  Yep, the coming years will be very challenging!

3 comments:

Grandma Peggy said...

Love, love, LOVE your floors!!! Only been in your house once, but I can imagine how much better it looks now. And it goes so well with the railing! Hubby did a great job :))

Melissa said...

love them! Good job Fredo

Theresa said...

the floors look great!