Monday, June 10, 2013

MEXICO VACATION

I made a book specifically for our vacation but I wanted to post some of my favorite pictures on my blog too.  Plus, I didn't do much explaining in my other book and I know my memory will fail me one of these days!
Alfredo and I left a few days before our vacation and drove to Iowa with the girls.  It was Perseus' baptism, both of his parents' birthdays, Adi and Ashley were moving, Kaiden's visit, etc, etc. We really enjoyed seeing everyone when we weren't rushed or only had one or two full days in the mix of days of travel.  We left the girls there with Alfredo's mom and family and staying in KC prior to our flight out Tuesday morning. I thought it would get easier as my kids got older to leave them with the grandparents and take a vacation.  Wrong.  It was worse for me.  I'm not sure why but I really missed them and was worried something would happen and I wouldn't be there.  They were perfectly fine and more spoiled than ever!  I'm just a worrier by nature.  I didn't let it affect my vacation but I am a believer in facetime!  It was great to get to see there little faces once a day!

Our resort:  The Royal:: Playa del Carmen.  All-inclusive, on the beach, within walking distance to shops and bars outside the resort. Highly recommend it.  It was amazing! The first evening we arrived about 5pm and it was rainy.  We all were a bit worried that our entire beach vacation was going to be rained out.  Thankfully it only rained that evening and a the next morning.  After that some clouds and sunshine!  It really turned out to be beautiful.  Our dinner at Asiana was fantastic from what I remember.  We all drank a bit too much that night...I guess to break us in :)  
On Wednesday we relaxed and explored the resort.  Miss, Zach and I got massages while Fredo drank at the bars.  That evening we had a good dinner at Mediterranean. I ordered the guys' steaks because they were off somewhere.  I ordered medium well because some guy had told Fredo not to order medium because it would come out bloody.  Well, it was a bit burnt and I got a good laugh out of that!  Good thing all-inclusive really means you can get food any time of the day or night!
Thursday I think we must have hung around the resort and enjoyed the pools and beach.  That evening we ate at Maria Maria and I had some AH-mazing chicken.  We had gone out to the shops on 5th avenue about a block away from our resort to pick up matching shirts we saw the night before.  In no certain order Drunk 1-4.  We received a lot of compliments on those things.  It was the night of the Playacrawl which is basically a guided bar hop. All of our drink were included also, NICE!  However, I believe we had the most awful tequila ever made at one of the bars and I think Zach would agree.  The first bar we went too was a Hooka bar, where we had watermelon tobacco?  It wasn't bad at all and kinda fun!  We took our little camera to take some pictures which was nice but most of them are blurry.  I will blame it on the camera and not the intoxication level :) We all had a blast and I'm so glad we did it!!
Friday morning was pretty much recovery! I'm not quite sure what we did all day or night. Relaxation was one of the main goals of the vacation so we took advantage of our environment! Maybe we watched one of their nightly shows.  I'm not sure.  I know it involved drinking and having a good time!
Saturday we did an excursion through Alltournative tours called The Jungle Maya.  We rappelled, ziplined, snorkeled in an underground cave, and rode in a crazy jeep.  I'm so glad we did this.  It was a ton of fun and we got some really good pictures.  
Sunday was a bitter sweet day of departure.  We wanted to get home to see our kids but wanted to stay all the same.  However, the day itself proved to be terrible for all of us.  Our flight out of Cancun was delayed an hour.  Fredo and I got an express ticket in Dallas because we only had an hour layover and had to go through customs and everything.  We barely made it to gate A16 which was on our ticket to hear overhead "last boarding call for Kansas City at gate A32"  So we ran like idiots across the airport to get to our gate.  We probably had another 2 minutes before we would have missed it.  When we arrived in KC we didn't have luggage.  Ugh.  They ended up delivering it to our house on Monday night.  On the drive home Fredo got a speeding ticket in Douglass.  Dumb. 
It was a fabulous trip with fabulous friends.  I had so much fun with Miss and I couldn't imagine going on a vacation with any other couple.  No drama, just relaxation and a good time.  You know you have a great best friend when we can be together pretty much nonstop for a week and still come home and spend an hour talking the next day! Thanks for going with us Miss and Zach!

So here's a few of my favorite pictures in no particular order:  
Our room was gorgeous.  I need to call the resort and ask what kind the mattress is.  It was so comfortable and I slept like a baby.








 Our flight from Dallas to Cancun on the way there...









 Alfredo was stuck on getting a picture like this.  It's his rendition of "The Hangover" movie when the guy is swinging his shirt and saying "F*&$ the Police"














 Miss might kill me for this picture but this was Friday morning when she was feeling really, REALLY rough! Hahaha...still cracks me up :)




 Fredo was obsessed with this mask.  

Great memories!! The next big trip with be with the kids.  They are getting old enough to feel left out and also they will start remembering the vacations.  We are debating saving money for Disney or another all-inclusive beach vacation in a resort for kids.  Just can't decide!  Kaiden may be too old for Disney at that point.  Who knows!

I do know that I love my husband to pieces and I enjoy going on vacations with him.  I just have to give him the first night to really get the drinking out of his system (I won't mention the couch incident!).  I am one happy and thankful wife to have my soul-mate to tour the world with.  Thank you honey for all you do for us.  I love you!

No comments: