Saturday, January 11, 2014

Full Finished Basement

When we bought our house the basement was all finished except for one bedroom.  We left it like that for years and I used it as my craft room/storage/catch-all.  It served its purpose ;)  We have always had intentions of finishing it so our basement was truly a full-finished basement.  Mya had been wanting her own room downstairs like Kaiden.  So, no better time than the present!  I thought I took some in-between remodel pictures, but I have either deleted them, or just thought I took them haha!  However, you can see the progress.  We weren't in a hurry, which was nice, but it was a big job!  Alfredo did most of the work of course, but I did mud and tape.  Plus, I textured the ENTIRE room.  It wasn't like a roll-on brush texture.  It was inch by inch texture to match the rest of our house.  I used the drywall mud and splattered it on, and smoothed it out.  Kind of like the "knock down" texture. That was exhausting!  My hubby is pretty handy and did a great job and specializes in DIY.  Great job honey, we make a good team!








No comments: