Elaina Marie Cuevas
Thursday July 23rd, 2015
6:53 a.m.
6lbs 7.5oz
18 3/4"
She's here! 10 days before her due date- one day before Daddy's birthday. On Monday I started feeling more pressure and having a few more Braxton hicks contractions. Prior to Monday I would have told you she was waiting until her due date because I didn't "feel" like she was coming. Tuesday was about the same, going to the bathroom more frequently and having the increased pressure although nothing like I had with Macy. Wednesday I had a feeling she was coming soon. I got my FMLA papers, cleaned my desk at work and tied up some loose ends. I even set my email response to say I was on maternity leave but left the start date to my due date just so I didn't jinx it :). I'm superstitious like that. Once I got home I started having infrequent contractions. I was timing them but they were tolerable. From about 4pm-8pm this occurred and then I took a shower and they seemed to go away. I went to bed early, around 9pm because I had a feeling I would be woke up in the middle of the night. Sure enough, I woke up at 11:56pm with a contraction. Another one at 12:06am and 12:16am. I got up and went to the restroom and started timing them around 12:25am and my next contraction was 5 minutes later. Then they were 2-3 minutes and with each contraction I felt like I peed myself. I am guessing it was at 12:30 that my water broke. I was expecting a big gush like everyone talks about, but that wasn't the case for me so I almost didn't believe it. I woke Fredo up, gathered our stuff, and he told his mom so she would be aware and take care of the girls and Kaiden. We headed to the hospital and I believe the time on my face sheet was 1:11am. At this time my contractions were still about 2 minutes apart.
So up to L&D I go and one of my favorite nurses is working, Debbie Marrs. She checked me at 1:30am and I was dilated to a 5 and 80% effaced. (I was only 1.5 dilated and 0% effaced at my last appointment a week ago.) She put in my IV at 1:45am and called for an epidural. I must admit, I wasn't in terrible, terrible pain at this point but I am sure not going to turn down the epidural just because it was still tolerable. I'm not crazy :) My contractions with Macy were way worse than this one, and maybe it's because my water spontaneously broke which made the pressure less? I'm not sure but I'll take it. Anyhow, I got my epidural at 2:30am and was able to get a bit of rest. Tarena checked me at 3:23am and I was dilated to 7-8cm; Debbie checked again at 4:10 and dilated to 8-9cm. Apparently the left side of my cervix had been dilated to a 10, but the right side wasn't fully yet? Not sure, but I was re-checked at 5:19, dilated to 9 by Debbie. Debbie went and got all of the supplies ready and got Tarena and when she checked me at 6:36am she said I was ready to start pushing. So, Tarena went and got ready and with about four big pushes little miss was born at 6:53am. Thanks to midwifery, no tears or rips, yay! We did skin-to-skin for about an hour and breastfed before anyone came in to see her. It was great and I think makes a huge difference! It was a long night but totally worth it!!
We had thought we decided on her name just the weekend before. It still wasn't set in stone, but I fell in love with it. Elaina Rose but then Fredo decided he wanted Marie for the middle name. So Elaina Marie Cuevas...Love it!! (and we had it 4 days before she was born...score!)
The kids and Rosario came to the hospital around 7am or shortly after. They waited in the waiting room for a while but at least it wasn't hours! We had all intentions of letting people know once it was actual waking hours, but everything happened so fast that time got away from us. Once the word got out it spread like wildfire and I hope no one was offended that they didn't get contacted. It was a whirlwind!
First meeting their baby sister <3 p="">
Going home! We left Friday before noon, just over 24 hours and we were ready to be home.
There aren't any good pictures of her in her coming home dress...she didn't like it much!
Thanks to everyone who visited and provided gifts and meals. It's very much appreciated!! We are so blessed to have a healthy baby girl to love for a lifetime!
3>
No comments:
Post a Comment