Monday, August 3, 2015

More of the kiddo's

Elaina is a really good little baby so far.  She has been doing pretty well sleeping at night, waking every 2-3 hours, and eating like a champ.  Our biggest problem is her sisters won't leave her alone.  They always want to kiss her or hold her hand or be right in her face.  It is quite challenging to have them feel involved yet not smother her (or me!). 
 
I thought she looked more like Macy but the older she gets I think she just looks like her own person.  I think all three girls will have their own look.  She does have small dimples on both sides and her eyes are light.  It's hard to describe and I'm sure they will end up being brown, but right now they are almost a dark grey?!  She still looks a bit orange but when we got her bilirubin checked on 7/27 it was within normal limits so she should be fine.  We will still stick her in the window from time to time.  Daddy will be going back to work and we are all sad about that!  He took off a week and it was nice to have him home.  Abuelita is still here and she is such a blessing!  I seriously couldn't do it without her. 
 
On 7/31 she had her one week appointment.  She weighed 6lbs 11oz (up from 6lbs 2 oz when we left the hospital) and was 19" long.  It's not much, but she is gaining and growing so that's what matters!


 The big kids played with this thing for hours!




She is really peeling all over her body.  Her arms are the worst right now.  Nothing seems to help except Aquafor and I'm pretty sure all it does is disguise the flakes for a while.  It's normal but the girls never really had it this bad.  They did have the blocked tear duct Ellie has in her right eye.  It looks terrible but they say it's not that bad.  Hopefully it will clear up soon.   I really love her long fingers and she has the sweetest little feet ever. 
 Sweet big brother :)

No comments: