Thursday, March 12, 2009

Caution: Fun-filled weekend ahead!

Last weekend I was super productive! I cleaned ALL of my floors, washed my windows, and picked up the house overall and got clothes organized to pack for Mexico. My bathrooms are clean and now I am focused on Mya's birthday party this Saturday. I still feel like I have TONS to do to get ready for that! I am going to attempt to make her cake tomorrow, that way if it's a total failure I will have a back-up plan: Dillons! I will try my best to make it look good and taste good :-) I am really excited for little Miss Mya who has had the ultimate attitude lately. Go Figure.

This week Alfredo sold his motorcycle :-( It was a sad, sad day. His rationale is that he can't take the whole family on the motorcycle...but he can a camper! So as quickly as we got rid of the bike, we got our camper. Since we did make a little profit with our sale we paid of some debt. Ahhhh! I hate debt, but its a fact of life. It will always be with me, but I like to at least have something to show for it. Credit cards make me ill. It's a love/hate relationship I guess you could say. So anyways, we will go get our camper on Sunday and will be itching for summer...or maybe we will just camp regardless!

Our babysitter was out from Monday thru Wednesday, so Alfredo had to stay up and watch Mya. I was able to come home early and chart on Wednesday so he got a little more sleep. Unfortunately we do not have an alternative babysitter when she calls in. If we had family closer or that was able to, maybe that would be an option but that's not gonna happen! So I think he will be very grateful for the next few days when he can sleep. I think Mya had a great time with daddy though. I came home from lunch one day and she was reading to him. The cutest darn thing you will ever see!! When I picked her up today from the sitter she was having a ball with the other kids, I think she missed them. Mya seems to be over her RSV and I hope the other little ones are as well. She is not coughing anymore but man oh man is she cranky! Teeth I assume, she is cutting the second top tooth and possibly another one up there. I'm sure she will cut FOUR when we are in Mexico! I took the sitter those wipes, not sure how she took that gesture :-)


On the books for this weekend is Party, Party, Party! Saturday Mya's party then Miss and Zach's party for their birthday. They are having a BBQ then we are all going to the bar. So we are all set to go: DD-check!, Sitter-check!, Lots of Alcohol-check! I will try to take my camera along but I can't promise much. I am looking forward to a night of letting loose ;-) And of course Sunday is consumed with the camper and relaxation!
So I hope everyone has a great weekend. I will post pics of Mya's party ASAP!

2 comments:

Laura said...

LOVE the new camper! That looks like so much fun :) You will have some great family memories in that.

Can't wait to see pictures form the party. Have a great weekend! Enjoy your night out!

Unknown said...

Ooh. FUN! I'm way jealous of the camper. I've been trying to talk Cole into a pop-up, but he thinks we need to 'rough it' in a tent.. Maybe I'll just let him deal with me 'roughing it' a few times... Then he'll want a camper, too!!! :) We are looking forward to this summer, too!

Have a fun weekend. - good luck with the bday party! I'm sure your cake will be great!