Sunday, April 3, 2011

Under the Sea Birthday ParTy!!

We had Mya and Macy's birthday party this weekend. Macy's actual birthday isn't until the 17th so we will do something a little special for her on that day too! I went with an "Under the Sea" theme. I think it all turned out quite well and the girls had fun. That is what matters most! The set up-



Seaweed dip- spinach and artichoke dip and chips in a starfish dish :-)
Shark Bites- chunks of fruit with fish picks
Goldfish-self explanatory! Beside it is gummy under the sea creatures like whales and octopus, etc.
Tropic punch is Hawaiian Punch
I made this banner along with all of the other labels. I had so much fun doing this although it does take quite a while and a lot of imagination. After the party I used their names above their beds. Its pretty cute!

*

Okay this cake is freakin' AWESOME! I love, love, love it! Did I say I love it?!? LOL I, of course, did not make this. W.O.W Cakes in Wichita did. I had hoped to always have the tradition of making the girls' cakes but its not a reality. It takes WAY too much time and quite frankly I just don't have it. So I sent a link to them of what I was looking for with a few modifications. They did fabulous and were very easy to work with.



We had a bubble machine where the presents went. That was a hit with the kiddos!

The girls had matching Crab shirts! Mya's was a bit too big and Macy's well,... almost to small, Ha!
Mya acutally smiled for the camera
Our Beautiful Birthday Girls!Miss Ansley
Zane was the only one who liked this photo op! Mya Finally did it later. Ansley with the bubbles
Blowing out the candles

Mace loved the singing and clapping!
She also became quite attached to Grams! She walked right over to her and put up her arms. We really need to go visit more often.
After cake and snacks we played Pin the Tail on the Whale. It was fun too! I made the sign below and all of the tails for the kiddo's. I'm not sure who won...Macy or Ansley!
Cake time! Macy wasn't quite sure at first but then she dove right in...

She was a MESS to clean up!
They received so many great gifts! They are very loved, spoiled little girls. Thank You to everyone for the wonderful presents!





Melissa and Ansley
Gabe and Ashton joined us a little late but we were very happy to have them! They got to run around for a little bit and Mya enjoys playing with them.
Finally we got a pic of Mya :-)

It was BEAUTIFUL out Saturday. When we got home we played outside with a few new toys. Everyone had fun! Mya liked the bubble lawnmower but it was almost too windy to see many bubbles.
Every kid should have one of these....a water table. I'm not sure that's the official name but you get the idea! Macy looks so funny from behind :-)

So again, thanks to everyone for the wonderful presents and good memories! We all had a great time!

No comments: