Friday, August 23, 2013

The first day of the rest of your life...

Big Kid School.  Today was exciting for all of us.  Mya was super ready to start and a bit impatient.  I know there are a lot of pictures and most seem like duplicates.  However, I see the different little details in each of them that I want to remember forever.  And for that reason there are a lot!   

Mya's first day of Kindergarten
Lowell Elementary
Mrs. Hoover
2013




Mya picked out her unicorn shirt to wear and had to pair it with a skirt.  She has her fave's and I'm thankful she is independent and not swayed by anyone else's opinion.  



 Mya and her cubby.  She wanted to take her princess towel for "read and rest" time.  She does love her princesses! Not the best picture of her because she was ready to go play! Enough with the pictures mom.
One thing that is impressive to me is she had to bring a toothbrush and toothpaste.  GREAT!  I asked her after school if she used it and she said "Yep, everyone brushed their teeth".  That is wonderful and a great way to keep up a good habit!
Some kids were not wanting to leave their parents, not Mya.  She was all about leaving us behind and starting school.  She went right in, put her backpack in her cubby and went to the rug to play. 

My big Kindergartener.  How the time flies.  Macy and I walked down from Debbie's to get her after school.  When they all lined up outside the classroom door ready to be picked up she looked so tiny.  She is one of the smallest little kids in the class.  That was to be expected of course but I sometimes still see her as my little girl. I know she is growing up but because she doesn't literally grow up it's hard to believe.  

Mya's first words to me after school today: "I made a whole lot of new friends" and "My teacher is really nice"  I asked her what her friends' names were and she didn't know yet.  She informed me she had TWO recesses and that was awesome.  Lunch:  "mom it had tater's (tomatoes) on it. I asked the teacher if I could eat around it and she said I needed to eat it."  lol  She had pizza, salad-with tomatoes-, applesauce and a brownie that had marshmallows in it and she loved that.  I'm not sure how much she really ate but she did say she liked eating at school with everyone.  All in all I think she had a wonderful first day of Kindergarten.  She was excited to go back tomorrow so that's a good sign, however she will have to wait until Monday! 


No comments: