So this past weekend Brad, Whitney, Alfredo and I went to K.C. for some grown up time and a concert. My dad came up on Sunday and went to the concert with us also. So the story unfolds...
Friday night Alfredo's parents came here from Iowa to watch Mya for us all weekend. It is so nice to be able to get away and truly feel comfortable about who is watching your precious little baby. Saturday morning we headed out at 8:00am. It was hard to leave yet exciting all at the same time. This may sound a little crazy to some of you, but Mya has never stayed the night with anyone else... Ever! I worried about how she would sleep, take a bath, if she would cry and miss us, you know the usual mom stuff. Alfredo's mom pretty much lets Mya take the lead and she follows her everywhere and does absolutely everything for her. In a nutshell, completely spoils her, like a grandma should I suppose.
We picked up Brad and Whit in Wichita at their house and off we were. We stopped at the Legends Mall and picked up some adorable things for Mya! Whit and I got pedicures at the place we went to last time with our girls. My toes look fabulous and the good part is they typically stay on for a couple of months...Yes plural! Then we headed to our hotel down near the Power and Light district. Holiday Inn Aladdin. Super nice, modern hotel...a little pricey but well worth it for the location. We then headed down for some dinner and nightlife. We ate at Genghis Grill {Mongolian Stir Fry} and it was awesome! We will have to go there again in Wichita now that I know how good it is. We then went to the bar scene. It was a lot of fun and as my hubby would describe Power and Light district: "its like a mall full of bars!" Brad and Alfredo rode the mechanical bull at the PBR bar, which was a lot of fun to watch. We bar hopped for a while then ended up at McFadden's for most of the night. I got tipsy and had a ball with my hubby. It is definitely a place to go again. It's nice to kinda let loose once in a while, I have so much fun with my hubby and enjoy every minute of our time together out and about.
Sunday after my dad came to the hotel we loaded up and went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. The service wasn't good at all but the cheesecake makes up for it :-) After a much needed nap to nurse my hangover, we went to the concert. It started at 5 and I believe it was over by 10:30 or 11:00pm. It was a rock concert with the lineup being an opener by a "baby band" Charm City Devils. They were pretty good and I think they will go pretty far. Then it was Drowning Pool, Theory of a Deadman, Godsmack, and Motley Crue. A bit harsh for what I typically listen to but overall I think it was a good concert. This is my first concert ever and I had a good time. Honestly I didn't really know many songs, and probably the most was from Motley Crue. Mostly I enjoyed seeing Alfredo so happy and having a lot of fun.
This morning we left at 8:00am to get back early to our little princess and for Alfredo's parents to leave for Iowa and not have to drive at night. Mya was happy to see us, but I think we were happier to see her! I missed her so much but thoroughly enjoyed my time with my husband without responsibilities. Children change your life and I don't know what I would do if I couldn't come home to her beautiful little round face! So since we came home Mya has been attached to my hip and we have been playing A LOT! I devoted all night to her and she took advantage of it :-) Love, Love, Love my precious little girl!
We forgot our camera so Whit is going to email what she took to me. I will post them later...some are quite funny!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great time! I agree that it is so hard to leave your little ones, but I think it is important for your marriage to have that time away together too. You and Alfredo are too cute! Call or email me about pictures.
Post a Comment