Sunday, December 27, 2009

We have been busy!

We braved the weather and headed to Iowa for Christmas this year. The driving conditions really weren't that bad at all contrary to all the hype. I am just thankful we made it there and back safely. We had a good time and as always the kids had fun. We celebrated on Christmas Eve and Mya has become a pro at opening her presents....and everyone else's too!
Our kiddo's
Eva, Luna, Kaiden and Mya

The girls enjoy attacking Kaiden...they love him!


Below is a pic of my sister-in-law and I. She is due April 9th, and I am due April 30th. I posted both pics because I really can't be that much bigger than her right?? I believe black is truly a thinning color!! They think they are having a girl but not 100%. We are carrying the babies differently so maybe she is having a boy?!?! :-)
We had a good time while we were there, but as always the drive....well it sucks! We probably won't be back until after our little one is born so it was good to see everyone.
This morning when we woke up Santa had came to our house. Mya got her kitchen and grocery cart and Kaiden got tabletop air hockey. Both kids got Dallas Cowboys beanbags also from Santa. Plus too many gifts from us.
After opening all of our gifts and eating some breakfast they had to enjoy the snow. There were several snow drifts around to play in. My poor husband had to shovel the drift away from his truck so I could even pull my car in. Thanks!!
Kaiden and Gavin on his 4-wheeler
This evening we celebrated with my Mom, Zach, Brad and Whitney. We got a lot of great gifts and had a really yummy dinner! It was a nice evening full of wonderful company and presents. Oh, I almost forgot. My mom watched Mya for us on Wednesday before we left and she painted Mya's fingernails and toenails. Mya is in love with them! All she keeps saying is "look..grandma likes them" She is so proud of her nails...such a girly girl :-) Thanks "gammaw" as Mya says it.

Mya helping everyone else opening their gifts
Grandma got Mya a doll that is bigger than she is. It was funny because the first thing she said when she opened it was "wow, PRINCESS!" I believe princess is Mya's new best friend. She talks to her and even makes her take a nap..haha!
Uncle Brad and Aunt Whitney got Mya this Dora tent. It was a big hit too! Everyone has enjoyed it....Mya thinks we all need to get in.

Thanks to everyone for their wonderful gifts!! We appreciate them and are grateful for such a good family.

4 comments:

Janae said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas! You are such a cute pregnant lady and look beautiful. I agree, black is just slimming! :)

Grandma Peggy said...

Glad you had a fun & safe Christmas. Cute pictures!

laura mcpherson said...

Oh my goodness...I love that green and white dress that Mya is wearing! Too cute :) Looks like a wonderful Christmas celebration! Your prego belly is adorable!!

Unknown said...

You're looking good, girl! I cracked up when I got to the picture of Mya with her "larger-than-life" doll. HA! She is going to have so much fun with her new buddy. :)