So Alfredo went to Rocklahoma this weekend for a guys trip. He left Friday morning and returned today. Two whole days with the girls by myself. To a lot of you it may seem like no big deal but it was a little bit scary to begin with. I have of course been with them on my own before but not for two whole days with no relief! I did have Whitney to help me out a lot and she was a lifesaver!
Friday afternoon our babysitter called and said Mya was throwing up so I went and got her. You can imagine the thoughts in my head of how the rest of the weekend would go! She stunk to high heaven when I got her (like puke of course, sorry Deb!) but otherwise was acting fine. I thought maybe she just played to hard or got to hot. Well, she threw up all over our couch a couple of hours later. It was A LOT! She kept telling me her tummy hurt and wouldn't eat anything, poor baby! So I threw her in the bathtub and tried to clean up the disgusting mess. Afterwards I started a movie and let her rest. She still did not want to eat anything but she was drinking some pedialyte for me. I checker her temp: 101.6 so I got the Tylenol...of course it was recalled. Crap! Its 10:00pm, no hubby and no Tylenol or Motrin, two sleeping kids now...do I really have to go to Walmart?!?? Yikes! Luckily Whit came to my rescue {again} and went to the store for me. I woke Mya up, had her eat one animal cracker and took the Tylenol. She slept well with no other spells. Yesterday she ran a low grade temp but never puked and acted fine. Whew!
We went to Wichita yesterday to try on our bridesmaid dresses for fitting. Both girls did great! Whit rode with me up there but they both slept. Mya did fairly well in the store with the help of the girls, and Kelly (Whits mom) held Macy for me...so nice! They all went to the mall shopping while I took the girls to Babies R Us by myself. A little frightening but we made it. Its really hard with a 2 year old and a carrier. I only have so many hands! It all went well though, thankfully. Mya got bubbles as a treat and we stopped for french fries via drive thru!
I'm not sure how daycare providers remain sane. I thought I would lose my patience more than once with the both of them, but they were my little angels. I never lost my marbles :-) We as mothers are amazing and its the hardest job ever but the most rewarding! This weekend has been better than I expected but I am missing my hubs like crazy. I'm glad he is having fun but you don't realize how much you need or want them til their gone! Its good for all of us and we appreciate each other more.
Hope you all had a good long weekend! Next year I will be camping and drinking too- I'm envious-lol
3 comments:
Good job Mommy! I avoid going out with Katie and Konnor when at all possible, but sometimes you just can't get around it!
Even with Carlee being 13 I feel like I could loose my marbles. When I add my 6 year old niece in the mix I count to ten ALOT!! You did awesome and I am proud of you. I am with you being a daycare provider would never be me I have so much respect for them
My first thought when I read that you were home alone, too, was that 'oh, I should have called her!' Then I thought - No Way! Four kiddos and only two moms! :) I agree, life is easier with a husband around for discipline & support! I also agree - Grandma Peggy and all other daycare ladies are gifted! :) Kudos to you with your girls ~ hope to see you some time soon!
Post a Comment