Friday, September 18, 2009

Big Girl

Mya is a big girl now!! She has officially been switched to a forward facing car seat. I have been in turmoil over switching her for several reasons but most of all safety. She is small but meets all of the requirements to be turned around. So, her seat arrived Wednesday and she loves it!! We still have her in the middle of the car for now. It will be a little scrunched back there when our new bundle arrives and she has to move over!
Our doctor's appointment today went well. Our actual DD is April 30th 2010 (I was one day off!) or at least that is what it is until the sono states otherwise :-) They did the normal check-up, draw blood, you know the usual stuff. I drilled doc about the flu and H1N1 vaccine. She was pretty convincing and said she would get it if she were prego. Not sure if that is just to make me feel better or honesty. She had spoke with some big wig specialist in Wichita and they are encouraging them to get vaccines also. Hmmm, still don't know. We go back for a sono in about 2 weeks. She said everything checked out fine today but due to my previous history they would like to have a sono. The theory behind that is, if you have a reason to get a sono then they like to have one early on in pregnancy. I'm okay with that!! I'm not even sure if all four heart chambers will be completely formed by then? Mya's first one was 10wks 6 days, this baby's first sono will be approx 9wks, 5 days. So who knows. I assume they are just checking out the placenta. But I could 'assume' until I'm blue in the face so I will stop babbling now :-)

Since I was gone for two days in Topeka this past week for work, I am looking forward to a weekend of not doing much! My plans are to enjoy the beautiful weather and get my laundry done! Hope everyone enjoys Bluegrass if they are attending!!!

1 comment:

laura mcpherson said...

Don't they make those carseats look so stinkin' comfy?!? I wish I got to ride like that every time I went somewhere :) She looks like a big girl!