Thursday, October 15, 2009

Call me Crafty!

Due to the economy, we are probably going to be a little tight on money this year for Christmas. But I LOVE to go all out, especially for my kiddos. I am trying to be creative and budget conscious so I made these pillows. I am making them for all of Alfredo's neices, and also for Kaiden and Mya of course!! Alfredo may get a Cowboys one as well ;-) I also have some other neat crafty ideas up my sleeve, but I am going to make them as gifts for a few people who read my blog so I have to keep my lips sealed. That's hard!!

Mya LOVES her pillow and doesn't like for me to take it from her, so she is pouting.

So these pillows are simple and very inexpensive. I got 4 pillows out of 2 yards (1 yd per design) of fleece costing a whopping $15.00, so that's like $3.75 each pillow !! Of course that doesn't include the thread, needles or the stuffing. They are simple but handmade so that counts!!



Also, I got online and looked at some of the other cute babies in the Gap contest. And there is one little girl who has 11,000 votes!! Yes, I'm serious. So it's pretty obvious Mya will not win the fan favorite by topping the votes, but she could still win if the judges like her! :-) Thanks to everyone who is voting for her!! I still get on and vote daily, just to do so.


I'm not so sure I will post belly pics clear 'til the end of 9 months, or maybe I will just have to put my shirt down :) , but thought I would give you a glimpse into the second pregnancy. It is so true when they say you really blossom early with the second one. I am still mostly feeling good. Sometimes still nauseas but thank goodness no vomiting! I am terribly impatient and absolutely cannot wait until we can find out the sex!!
*

Around 12 weeks with Mya. (I look terrible!! She was hard on me the first few months:)

12 weeks with peanut.

If you pay attention to detail, yes the date is tomorrow because that will be the true 12 weeks but we won't be able to take a pic. What's one day right?!?

3 comments:

Janae said...

The pillows are so cute. Handmade things are such special gifts too! Also, such a cute little bump growing! :)

laura mcpherson said...

Handmade gifts are the BEST! Love the adorable little pillows :) Can't wait to see what else you come up with. I made some fun "eye spy" bags last year for my nieces. I don't sew too well though, so not sure what I'll come up with this year.

aday said...

LOVE LOVE the pillows you gotta share the details.

You preggy pics are cute both 12 week ones