Monday, October 26, 2009

Catching Up

I haven't had much time to post anything lately but I will try to keep it short and simple. The weekend before last we went to Iowa to see Kaiden and the rest of the family. We had a great trip! Mya did wonderful on the drive thanks to the DVD player. What a savior that thing is! It was a long drive but always well worth it once we are there. Mya had so much fun with all of her cousins. She was a wild child and didn't even care if Mommy was there or not! I left and she didn't even notice, I would ask for a hug or kiss and she would run off and play. Not like my little girl who is attached to my hip on any normal day. It's too bad we don't live closer because she had a blast!! On the way home Sunday she took two really long naps and then slept all that night too! She was exhausted.
Kaiden had a soccer game and football game we were able to go and watch. He is a very talented little guy who will excel a lot in sports. He lost both games, and was very upset about it but put on a great performance. As kids go, he forgot about it a little while later and was happy. It is very hard for all of us to be around each other for such a short time. Mya LOVES her Bubbie and I love to see them together. Our next trip up there will be for his 8th birthday! He is getting so old and it is showing.


After we returned it just seems like we haven't really got caught up on things. This past weekend Mya and I went shopping in Wichita while Daddy had some boy time watching the OU game and eating wings. I am turning Mya into quite the little shopper! Reminds me of my Grams and I, we really enjoyed shopping together! We left Winfield at 9am and didn't get home until 5pm! We went to do some early Christmas shopping and came back with quite a bit! I always like to get it done early, although some things I just have to wait for due to the good sales after turkey day. She did get worn out and was falling asleep in the basket so I had to put her over my shoulder because I had too much stuff in the basket :-) I truly enjoyed my day with Mya and she did so good that she made it easy. I hope this continues when she is older, and maybe we will have another little girl to tag along too!

Sunday, we had Kristi's baby shower which turned out very nice. Both Joyce and Brenda are soooo talented with their abilities to make such adorable quilts and such! After the shower I decided to make Halloween cupcakes for Mya's daycare. They turned out okay, but not as good as I had envisioned them. They taste yummy though, and that is the main thing!

Hope everyone has a great week, and Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow...I am amazed that Mya will shop with you for that long! She must really love it, and you're doing something right :) I don't even like to take Barrett to Walmart unless it's a quick in-and-out trip. I have to have snacks to keep him seated in the cart, and hurry around before he runs out of snacks and wants out!! ha!

Cupcakes are super cute, by the way!