The kids were so excited we were in Mexico! We arrived in Cozumel and disembarked around 9:00am. Of course we headed straight to the beach!
There are two little girls in the middle of the GIANT sign.
We didn't book an excursion through Carnival. We have been to Cozumel before and was comfortable knowing that we would get back to the ship on time. I couldn't remember the place I wanted us to go to, so we asked the taxi driver and ended up at Playa Mia. I had remembered reading about it, but wasn't positive it was where I wanted us to go. Turns out, the one I had in mind was next door. Luck may have been on our side though because this place was pretty awesome! We could have spent 12 hours here!
First toes in the water
Yes, I'm the white girl. I couldn't determine which picture I like better. The bottom one has more sand in the picture but the top one is closer!
Mya's favorite part of the clear water....sea shells! She gathered tons of them and begged to take them home. Okay, since I wouldn't let you take the hermit crabs I suppose you can have the empty shells :) She was in heaven!
Now this huge thing was fun BUT it was slippery! It was difficult to navigate anywhere because you fell into the water. Luckily, it was clear water and beautiful. Yet, it was salt water, and yes, the kids and salt water are no Bueno. We were able to see some pretty yellow fish though!
Mya and Kaiden climbed to the top of this and slid down...
Macy was a bit scared of it all but you can't tell here. She liked the trampoline best.
Now the boys liked this the best....
We all tried it at least once, and Macy even went with me but wasn't a fan.
This is how far out from the beach it was. We had to swim there (There is an improvement idea for them!) anyhow, my husband carried my big camera while swimming out here in a big plastic bag held above his head. Who does that for their wife? Only the best husband and daddy in the world who knows his wife wants pictures :) Thank you love!!!
Enough of the big kahuna, back to the beach!
There was a water park there too and the girls had to try it out...and the boys too!
This adult pool was perfect! I want one ;)
We saved some time to go into town and do some shopping. Every time I have been to Mexico I have always wanted my kids to go into the stores. They have such neat toys and things and I knew they would love it. I was right, they did! All three of them! Macy wanted a purse, Mya a guitar, Kaiden wanted sunglasses and Fredo a mask. Check, check and check! And we got some neat pictures along the way.
Yes, Fredo bought this hat. It suits him. Kaiden too!
I dislike the saying on this cake, but she HAD to climb inside and take a picture. So be it.
Getting back on the ship to sail!
Off to dinner
This kid and her chicken bones! Chow down
Want to know how to fit 5 of us in a room on a cruise ship? Here's how:
Cozy huh?! The great thing was our cabin steward set it up and took it down every morning and night. He left little towel animals and knew us by our first names. He was pretty great.
All in all it was a great day. Wish we would have had more time in Mexico, but it was time well spent. We are all exhausted :)
No comments:
Post a Comment