Later that day we had Kaiden's birthday party. It was simple but fun because there is always a lot of family that comes. Kaiden was very antsy to open his presents and was bugging us all day about it! He was happy when it was finally time. He received several things but I believe his favorite was his DS game that aTio Adi, Tia Ashley and Eva gave him. He is pretty hooked on his Nintendo DS! So we ate some good food, Spiderman cake and ice cream. Mya was a bit mean to her cousins though. She was pulling hair, pinching, and just making Eva and Luna cry! I think it is because she is use to the bigger kids at daycare and they can push her away and defend themselves! Overall it was nice to be with everyone again. We were really tired and had a long day ahead of us so we went back to Adi & Ashley's early, ordered some pizza and headed to bed. SLEEP...Just what we needed! Although, If Mya wasn't awake then Kaiden was coughing...The joys of parenthood! Wouldn't trade it for anything though.
On Sunday we went and took family pictures. They all turned out wonderful! All of the kids did really well. No tantrums, screaming or any such rants! After pics and lunch, we gave out our Xmas presents to the kiddo's back at the house. I wish we could be there for Christmas, but I am hoping for next year since it will be on Friday. After that we were just able to relax. The four of us went to the mall for a while and had ice cream, Alfredo and Kaiden played games while Mya and I sat out in the commons area and she had a snack. Kaiden had to go back that evening so we just wanted to extend that quality time we get so little of!
We left early this morning and made it back shortly after 1:00p.m. Mya did fairly well throughout the drive, but we did have some illegal activity :) haha. I know I know, shame on us!
I had a wonderful time in Iowa and wish we could visit more often. I really enjoy Alfredo's family and always have fun. I don't know when we will see them again...maybe not until our trip to Mexico. We will see. I hope to keep in touch better with them. Sometimes it seems as if life goes on and we forget about what we truely cherish.
Just a little note on Mya: her newest thing is to stand by herself, not holding on to anything, and clap. She is getting some really good balance and I would anticipate her walking sometime soon. She is so petite and doing big girl things!
Hope you enjoy our pictures!!
Cuevas Family Pictures:

















No comments:
Post a Comment