Oh what a week we had! Last week was awful...just awful! Here's the low down: Monday Mya had the diarrhea--explosive- out of the diaper- diarrhea. Saw the doc on Tuesday, he says its just teeth (Eeerrrr!) Mommy disagreed but its what comes natural. They set up an appointment with the pediatric endocrinologist for Wednesday. Saw him and census is Mya is perfectly petite. She is proportionate and everything is wonderful-- just itsy bitsy :-) So I woke up on Wednesday morning before that appointment puking over the toilet with diarrhea as well. I felt like absolute crap! I was dizzy, nauseous and had no energy all day long. Luckily it only lasted one day...except the diarrhea. I know how Mya was feeling. I had even questioned if I was going to be able to go to her appointment. The rest of the week just went by in a blah and Mya finally stopped her diarrhea on Saturday-THANKFULLY! Not much happened over the weekend...I was on call and was still not up to tip top shape. Alfredo went out with the guys on Saturday as I am sure it was much needed male bonding. Sunday we went grocery shopping and gave Wal-Mart all of our money. Naturally!
I'm glad its a new week!! I have stew cooking for dinner tonight and we are all feeling much better! Mya is now using her sippy cup with her formula AND holding it ALL BY HERSELF! YEAH YEAH YEAH! She was using the sippy with juice but absolutely not formula. Well I bought a different kind of sippy with a valve and she is doing better with it. She is not attached to her bottle per se so I think we will just transition to the sippy cup completely. Now, the new problem at hand: SLEEP! Mya has been going to sleep around 7:30pm because she easily drifts off to night night (before it was a hair-puller). But she wakes up throughout the night either wanting to sleep with me or she is hungry. I have tried the cry it out scheme and it is not for us. I just want a night of uninterrupted sleep from at least midnight to 6 am. So I am going to try to keep her up until a later time and see where we go from there. Any suggestions?? Its getting to be very frustrating. Ideally I would like to put her in her crib, she puts herself to sleep and doesn't wake up until around 6am. I'm crazy huh? We have to find a good median because it's not working for anyone in this family!
As for this week mostly just working and getting our tax stuff together. We like to get it in early and its a relief as well. I am looking forward to Kristi and Kane coming down mid-week. Babies grow so quickly and I am excited to see him. Plus we are going to have a girls only night out for dinner. Babies get to have some daddy time :) Much needed for all of us I believe.
Wish away the cold and bring on SPRINGTIME! I dislike this weather and I am ready for sunshine! Hope you all have a wonderful week
~*~
No comments:
Post a Comment