Thursday, January 8, 2009

Off to Iowa

It's only been 7 days since my last post but it sure seems like longer than that! Not too much has happened but I will give you a few updates!

Mya is full-fledged walking now! She is only 25.5" tall so she looks kinda silly but adorably cute! She is walking almost everywhere but if she loses her balance and sits she will crawl from then on. I'm so proud of my little angel! I am going to keep track of her weight and height every month and if she does not grow much in length we will go to Wichita to see a pediatric endocrinologist. I'm sure she is just petite but as a nurse it's always better to catch something (if anything) early ;) She is okay in weight but really short!! Mommy will keep her eye on it, no worries.

On New Year's Alfredo's brothers got hurt in a squabble (long story, too tired to type it all!) so we are headed to Iowa in the morning at 3:30a.m. Luckily I have good co-workers and supervisor (I always tell my sup she is schmoozing administration so I'm sure I will hear about this on Monday..hehe) I am grateful to be able to go though. Another nurse started Monday so it has helped out a lot. I am still really far behind but slowly catching up. Linda had worked in home health for many years so she still remembers a lot. It's nice not to sit in my office all alone too! Sara is still out on medical leave so I am looking forward to her return! So you can guess what I have been doing since I got home...packing. Yuck! I really don't like to pack and like a typical woman I pack more than needed. This go around I tried to pack only the necessities...we will see how it goes!

Not too much else happens around here...Mya, Mya and more Mya usually! She is my little sunshine packed with attitude. I am hoping this drive goes okay for her. She is starting the whole bit again of draining eyes, runny nose, low-grade temp, etc. It's a toss up between her ears and teething. I just started her on Amoxicillin tonight (Rx by Dr.B) and have packed the medicine cabinet (its a necessity!!)

Well, guess I better get a shower and some sleep. I'm sure I will have pics to post so look for them....next week :)

No comments: