Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our Travels

So here I am again...wondering where all of my free time goes. A week has already gone by and I have yet to post about our Iowa trip. It seems as if the time between -home from work -and -off to sleep -keeps getting shorter?!? :-)

Our trip went well for the most part. Mya did pretty darn good in the truck...but Friday night she did not sleep! AAAHHHH Alfredo and I were about to pull our hair out! Between the sleep deprivation and the screaming child that could not be calmed...we were going crazy. Eventually she settled down and it seemed like only a few moments later it was time to get up again. I was lucky enough to get a short nap in with Mya later in the day...poor daddy who didn't get sleep!

Alfredo's brothers are doing well. Its too bad situations like that have to occur! Adi had just gotten stitches taken out before we got there and he looked pretty good, considering. The main thing is that they are both okay and home!

On Saturday afternoon we had Mandalyn's 3rd birthday party to go to. The 3rd birthday is a big thing in Mexico so it was elaborate! The kids had a lot of fun and Minnie Mouse made an appearance...and overall highlight with the kiddo's.
Silvia with Luna, and Ashley--our sister-in-laws
Birthday girl...Mandalyn with her mom Lisa
Mya with daddy...using her sippy cup!! YEAH!

Little Miss Big Stuff with all of the older girls :-) Such a tiny little princess

Alfredo couldn't get a good pic of the kids with Minnie..never seemed to be the right moment

Sweet, sweet Eva

Abuela with Mya. I love how she just comes and takes Mya away...It gives us time to be with everyone else and not worry about her. Mya just loves the attention and of course the arms!

Big Brother with loving arms!

Okay, so the other little girl is one...ummm I am a little lop-sided :-)

Eva...
Kaiden

Mya...

Playing like good siblings are suppose to...think this will last?
We had fun...I only wish the drive wasn't so long. I enjoy hanging out with all of them and being around all of the kids. If it weren't for the distance and the expense we would be there A LOT more!
**************************************************************************
Melissa and I went up to see Kane Warren Ast. He is soooo adorable! Kristi is doing well and Jeff seems to be enjoying fatherhood. I took some pics to share with everyone:


Mya was not too keen on taking pics with ANOTHER baby...she is suppose to be the spotlight!

Mommy and baby...sweetness

Absolutely precious little boy...its hard to remember this age

Time for Miss to get one of her own in those arms!
Short and simple blog...I need to wake my daughter up so she will sleep tonight...the ongoing fight! I will blog more later...in time!
~*~

No comments: