Last night we had a party at our house to celebrate the upcoming year. We had a good time and some good memories to go with it! Our snack table was full of the usual cheese dip, little smokies, brownies and such...you know the good stuff! It was probably a good thing for a few of them to be snacking all night and soak up some of the alcohol ingested :-) Since we got our couch for downstairs we have been contemplating getting rid of the pool table. Good thing we didn't yet, as it was used for beer pong! It was very interesting to watch them try to blow the ball out of the cup after it was made, a cheating scheme I believe! My husband liked to play but he was one of the first and needed to slow down a bit. I would have played (and kicked butt I'm sure) but I couldn't in case I got called out. Most everyone played at least once and it was pretty entertaining, especially later on! At midnight we watched the ball drop and blew the horns like the traditional New Years we think of. I have never really done that before so it was nice. The kiddo's did really well and stayed asleep the whole time we were up partying. I was very happy about that. We didn't go to bed too late...around 2 a.m. I think. Mya gave us an early wake up call though at 6 am. Ugh! We both took a nap with her during her morning nap time...we needed it! It's a necessity for me to have my sleep!
We had a great time with everyone last night and thanks for coming and sharing your New Year with us! It's always good to spend time with those we don't see as much as we would like. Jessica and Murphy came over for a few hours and it was great to see them. In nursing school we were inseparable and now life is crazy busy and I need to make time for things that really mean the most in life. Liza and Vince didn't show up until later so Andrez and Mya didn't get their play time together. She was conked out and it was past his bedtime too. We will get with them soon though I am sure! Anthony and Ashley came over as well and we haven't hung out with them in forever! She thinks she laughs like Rosanne Arnold so we got a kick out of that all night! They are a lot of fun and we enjoy their company. Thanks again to everyone and we may make this a tradition ;)Enough babbling...here are the pics:


No comments:
Post a Comment