On Christmas day the kids opened their gifts from Santa and their stockings. Kaiden got a trampoline...when he came upstairs he said "Oh my goodness...cool...now I can throw the balls and the net will catch it" We had to tell him the net he was seeing was the safety net AROUND the trampoline. Then he was excited about that and said "Really...can I open it now?" Uh...sorry my handsome boy but its COLD out there! He will have a lot of fun this summer with it and his friend Gavin. Mya got a dancing toy and big blocks from Santa and in her stocking some keys and a cell phone...prepping her for later on I suppose :-) I made cinnamon rolls and waited for everyone else to wake up and get here. Then we opened all gifts downstairs. My dad, Tina, Brad and Whitney were all here so we exchanged as well. Good times! For lunch we went down to my dad's family in Ponca. Its always nice to see them because we don't get together that often. I should make it more of a point but it seems like time flies and I get lost in everyday activities.
So that's the gist of our holidays. This past weekend we went to get Mya a gate for the top of our stairs. The one that was built for us just didn't work out at all. Whoever designed the stairs did not have kids in mind! So if anyone knows of someone who could use a really nice oak gate let me know! We also went couch shopping and got one for downstairs. I am really happy with it and it feels more homey down there. Its black leather with recliners on both ends. That is the only couch that would fit down our narrow doorway leading to downstairs. It comes apart into three pieces so we were able to go one by one. We have spent more time in the basement as well so I like that we are more able to use that space. Alfredo is getting a bit worried that we will take over his man cave... we will try not to but occasionally we will join! When the Cowboys are losing we will stay far, far away though!
Watching Mya open her new books. My cousin Katelyn is helping us too. Isn't she beautiful?
Reading our new flip-up books. These are Mya's favorite! Janell got her a Halloween one and we have been reading it over and over again so i thought we should incorporate some new ones :-) Thanks Grams...we both love them!

This is the letter Kaiden wrote to Santa: "Dear Santa I want a dallas Cowboys Pepsi bottle please" It's sooo cute! I had got Alfredo some aluminum bottles with football players on it for downstairs and a couple with Tony Romo-QB for Dallas (Alfredo's team) We wouldn't let Kaiden drink it because we have Pepsi already...so he asked Santa for one. Santa gave it...he got one!
My dad, Tina and Mya on Christmas day. 
Our beautiful children getting so big! Mya loves her big brother soo much! The night before he left she was giving him tons of love. She was jumping up and down with excitement kissing and hugging him. It was the cutest darn thing I have ever seen!
No comments:
Post a Comment