Since we are celebrating our anniversary this weekend, Monday was pretty relaxing with dinner out at El Maguey. But when I got home from work, Alfredo had roses and a card set out for me. I absolutely love things that are from the heart so when I opened up the card there was a love letter. It melted my heart and is one of the best gifts ever. It's one of those thing that I will cherish for a lifetime. He also set up reservations at a restaurant in Wichita: Sabor. It's a latin inspired cuisine that is pretty upscale...nice! We have to be dressed up and ready to open our pocketbook! I am excited about it...then we are going out in Old Town. I know Brad and Whitney are going to go out with us and maybe Miss and Zach but the dinner is just the two of us. Wait...did I really say that..."just the two of us" Yep, its true! Alfredo's mom will be here to watch the kids. I'm a bit nervous about Mya going to sleep because no one has ever put her to bed at night but us. I am sure she will be fine, I just hope she doesn't give Rosario a bad time. Maybe Kaiden will wear her out during the day and she will be ready to sleep :-) So, back to Monday, I also gave Alfredo a card and showed him the new running boards he will soon be getting. He was pretty excited about them but said: "you told me not to spend any money, but you did!" Yes, this is true but he deserves them and works a lot of overtime so we can afford a few luxuries. My love letter is far more than any material thing he could have spent money on anyway.
Last night we went and ate with Liza and Vince at their new house. She made enchilada's which were yummy! The kids got to play and roam around a baby-proofed home. Mya is not use to this--ha! They did great and played pretty well together, but at the end Andrez (their son) was crawling like lightning away from Mya. Not sure what she did to him but he didn't want anything to do with her for a while. Hmmmm. Anyway, it was so nice to talk "mommy talk" for a while then talk about adult things while the kids played after dinner. Too bad we couldn't have stayed longer but Alfredo needed to get back so he could go to work and it was Mya's bedtime.
Tonight I am going to try and make the goodies for the neighbors and have them all done for Kaiden to disperse :-) I will need to clean my house and get everything ready for this weekend during the next couple of days so I am trying not to put it off until the last minute. But sometimes its just nice to play with Mya on the floor and forget about my list of things to do!
1 comment:
Well, remember your comment on my blog and don't get down on yourself for the housework when you've got Mya to keep you busy! Happy Anniversary to you and Alfredo! Sounds like he has done an amazing job of making it special, so many kudos to him on that! Hope you enjoy your romantic dinner and night out with adults in Wichita!
And hey, how come we haven't gotten together to dish about home health? We should do lunch some time!
Post a Comment