Sunday, December 21, 2008

Perfect Evening

Our night out was absolutely fantastic! Alfredo's family got here and we were able to see them for a couple of hours before we headed to Wichita. We got to our reservation just exactly on time. Sabor is a really nice, low key restaurant. Its in Old Town so it's got that charm added to it as well. They had a live singer who played the guitar but it was romantic because he was a very soft singer so you could actually have a conversation as well. The Latin food was a bit daring so I stuck to what I knew: fire-roasted chicken and some awesome cheddar mashed potatoes. It is different than Mexican food and I was going to venture out but I figured I needed to have something in my stomach if I was going to be drinking :-) Alfredo got fish tacos (grouper) and he said they were really good too. I would recommend going...its a nice place and actually not that bad on price either. I thought it was more expensive but we spent more on drinks than our meal! We drank Red Stripe...I think we are going to make this a tradition because he proposed to me when we were in Jamaica and all we drank there was Red Stripe! Its not our usual choice of beverage so once a year its a celebration!


So after dinner we went to Brad and Whitney's. Miss and Zach came up to so it was great to all go out together. We went to Oscar's first, which is a sports bar. The Dallas Cowboys game was on so Alfredo was happy...although they lost (sorry honey). We drank a few beers there then headed to Heroes. I must say the night would have been a tad bit better if it werent so DAMN COLD! Oh my goodness it was freezing! After two steps we turned into icicles..literally. Once we actually got to the bar and defrosted we got some drinks down us and hoped the walk back to the car we would be numb from alcohol. For future reference, as soon as you hit the cold its automatic soberness. After we defrosted we got a beer and enjoyed each others company. We danced and had a great time. Melissa had a thing for Buddy the Elf that was there but I believe she probably scared him AND his leotards! :-) Miss and Whitney got a pic with him but I don't have it. Brad thought he could win the "dance off" with Alfredo and the "get low" contest with Miss. My hubby is an awesome booty dancer so he won the dance off (according to me anyway) and I think its a draw with Miss. I love to go out with Brad because he is the epitomy of the white boy dancing! Its so much fun!! Always puts a smile on my face. I love Whitney and will kick Brad if he doesn't keep her. She puts up with his dancing skills! I had a blast and glad we were able to go out. Much thanks to Zach for being our DD. I'm sure it wasn't fun but I really appreciate it. He even went and got the car when we were leaving the bar....My Savior! So I have posted a few pics as promised, hope you enjoy them!
And Mya did great with Abuela :-) Whew! I was very comfortable leaving her and I think that makes a lot of difference!
Kaiden is glad to be here...and we are looking forward to the week together! Our whole, complete family!
The Gang
I'm not drunk...I was blinking!
Happy Anniversary Baby! Love You!

No comments: