Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bonks on the Head

So this post is just a rant. I feel a bit like a failure as a parent because Mya has had too many falls on the head. I typically worry about every little thing that happens to her and every situation makes me cringe. For instance: We were in Mexico=swine flu. No we don't have any symptoms but you bet I have been watching her. Also two kids at daycare have pneumonia. So...does she have pneumonia? Not that I have seen yet. BUT she is coughing and running a fever. And its typical of Mya to have runny nose which I almost always contribute to teething. She is cutting another tooth (upper right one). Alfredo says I always say everything is teething especially when she is cranky or whiny.

So, back to the point: she has had major falls and not just one or two. There are at least 5 that I can count. One off the bed in Acapulco (onto cement floor), then off the camper couch, off the camper bed, down two stairs (carpeted) and the latest off our our bed. I feel absolutely HORRIBLE! When she fell off of our bed she was sleeping with me. Okay, sleeping ON ME! This is how she sleeps, on my face or my chest. Not very comfortable I must say. Apparently we were both sleeping and she must have tried to reposition and just pushed herself right over me. I think she hit the bed frame and then the floor. She has a MAJOR goose egg on her forehead and it is a wonderful shade of blue now. I keep thinking how did I let this happen, what is the long-term effects going to be, I probably stunted her growth even more! I checked her over quite well and even checked her pupils (the nurse in me I guess). She acted fine and didn't lose consciousness or anything but still. I feel like she has had more than the normal amount of falls on the head. UGH! I am always overly cautious and our doctor will always have a paycheck thanks to us :-)

So my worries are taking me over sometimes! I hope Mya doesn't suffer any consequences from her falls, I hope she doesn't have pneumonia, I hope she is a happy healthy kid! I should be and I am thankful for what I have. I know I shouldn't complain as there are many out there who are less fortunate or have much bigger things to worry about. And I am grateful, thankful, and happy so these worries are the little things that won't matter in another 6 months.

By the way...if anyone knows of a good babysitter we would love to hear about them! We are looking for a potential new one. Dusti's babysitter is willing to be our back-up when ours calls in, so Thanks Dusti! I really appreciate this as does Fredo so he can get some sleep!! We will meet her sometime soon after work. Any suggestions of great sitters send them my way!

So that is it for today....Not so uplifting huh?!? Must be the rainy weather.

1 comment:

laura mcpherson said...

It is the rainy weather...put everyone in a dumpy mood! At least the sun is shining today :)

I am sure you have nothing to worry about with the bonks! Barrett got a goose egg on the head last weekend at Grandma's. He was running on the wood floor in the kitchen and wiped out. They're just at that age...it's bound to happen now and again.

Good luck with the sitter search. I know how hard that can be. I don't really know too many. One of my friends used to take her daughter to Kim Tapia, and they loved her. But she might be full???