This weekend we made our way up to Iowa. Whew was it a LOOONG drive! We left on Thursday night at 8:30pm. We arrived in Iowa at 4:30a.m., which is not bad timing. I can't sleep in the truck but I did nod off a time or two. Alfredo drove the whole way-my poor hubby. He tried to pull over and take a nap but I spoke up and rudely said "Well why did we leave our house then? We could have slept in our bed and just left early in the morning" It was the lack of sleep talking I'm sure as I was missing my comfy, horizontal bed with pillows and blankets! He kept driving despite his need for a power nap. I did offer to drive but I think he was a bit perturbed at me so he just kept driving :-) Thankfully we made is safely and slept the rest of the morning in a bed!
We picked Kaiden up from school on Friday which is so much fun to do! I stayed in the car with Mya (she was sleeping) but he is just so excited and full of smiles! His soccer game got cancelled due to inclement weather. We went to Target and Mya got the most adorable quilt you will ever see! I wasn't going to buy it because it is too expensive and Mya is still her crib (this is a twin). But my wonderful hubby threw it in the cart anyway. I am thankful though because I would have really been regretting not picking it up. Quilts will last forever so it is worth the money...that is my rationale :-) After that we just went back to the house and relaxed with the family!
On Saturday Kaiden had a soccer game and baseball practice. We thought it was a game but it ended up just being practice so Kaiden was all decked out it his gear...the cutest striped pants ever! Kaiden is very talented and did wonderful at both sports. Alfredo was very proud of him and his skills. Alfredo was a "sideline coach" yelling at Kaiden to 'do this' and 'do that' but he paid no attention. Its a preview of when the rest of our kids are in sports! I think Kaiden is wonderful at soccer and I am so proud of him and hope he continues to do wonderful and grow in these sports. A little complaint of mine..Iowa's weather is TERRIBLE! It was freezing, wet, rainy, windy, crappy weather the whole time! A little peek of how bundled up Mya had to be:
That evening was Kendra's (Alfredo's niece) 6th birthday party. It, like any other Mexican party was such a fun event. The kids had a blast and I love to see them all happy. Mya was in her element of course and was Ms. Independent. She was all over the place and I had a hard time keeping track of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment