Monday, February 22, 2010

Handmade with Love

We didn't do much this past weekend since I was on call, but I was able to make some more goodies! I think my husband is feeling really left out since I have been spending all of my time making things. I really enjoy it though and it is kind of addicting :-) I will not be making much for a few weeks (but no promises!) because we have a lot going on and I don't think I will have that extra time I need. Mya's birthday is quickly approaching and of course some organizing and planning for our new little angel.

These are travel wipe cases. Aren't they ADORABLE?!? Very, very simple just time consuming.


I made this travel carrier for wipes and a few diapers. I made it bigger than most you can buy because I wanted to be able to put butt cream on the side.
This is a taggie blanket. Ansley loves hers and Mya never had one. Maybe this next little one will like it too!
The is a group picture of all of the new baby's coordinating diaper bag goodies! All together: taggie blanket, wipe case and travel carrier!
I didn't just whip this out this weekend. I have had this done for a little while now but I think it turned out fairly good. I wanted to make a blanket for the crib because we are not buying new expensive bedding. Mya NEVER used hers and it just seems pointless this time around. So, I decided to make one of our own and maybe she will use it, maybe not. Even if its just on the floor, it was handmade with Mommy's LOVE.

I also made a pillow but Mya won't let go of it! She keeps running around saying "MINE". This is the absolute best snapshot I could get...I know its terrible but she is in her Terrible Two's!!



I haven't taken very many pics of Mya lately and I wanted one of her sweet smile. She will smile at the camera once in a while but she is a busy body these days. This pic is blurry but she looks so cute in it!
*
Work is super busy and doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. That will have something to do with my lack of energy for my crafty side. Being pregnant is draining and tonight my husband gave me a back rub because I am complaining so much that my butt hurts! I know, probably TMI but sheez! Never thought sitting on my rear would be so uncomfortable. Our princess is moving a lot inside and I'm sure having less room to roam. I think we have decided her name for sure and YES I will post it soon once we have discussed it one more time :-) It's not a secret, and the first name is for sure but the middle name is so hard!

6 comments:

Theresa said...

I am super impressed and I love the owl fabric!! Hope you're feeling well. Katie will be coming to Debbie's for a visit sometime next week, I think.

McKenzie said...

I have been dying to get Jaxson a taggie blanket! The kid LOVES tags! He will search out the tag on every washcloth, bib, towel or blanket he can find!! Hope you get to feeling better soon and rest up for the new one!

Audra said...

I LOVE everything! You are so crafty and talented. Can't wait to hear your new additions name?!?!?

aday said...

I love the new beautiful goodies and In case you havent got to read my blog I a very thankful to you for 2 things. Suggesting the book Dear John and being on call last weekend. We couldnt have gotten luckier or been morre reassured

Laura said...

WOW...you are so talented with the sewing machine!! I would love to be able to do all of this stuff! The fabrics are all so cute! You either need to teach a class or sell your stuff on Etsy, so I can have some cuteness :)

Can't wait to hear the baby name!!

Anonymous said...

could you please tell how you made the wipe cases? or give an address i have looked everywhere im just not sure what to make the fabric stick to the case!! thanks