Monday, February 1, 2010

You HAVE to read the book Dear John!!

I have been seeing previews of the new movie Dear John that I believe is in theaters this weekend. It looks sooo good! Anyway, it is almost impossible for Alfredo and I to have two and a half hours to ourselves without Mya to go and see a movie. And it will be out on video forever before we are able to watch it. We went to K.C. to see Kaiden this weekend and I grabbed the book at Target. What better way to pass the time during the 4 hour drive home right?!? I like to read, but just honestly don't have much time for it. OMG... it is such an A*M*A*Z*I*N*G book! I'm sure the movie is good too. I got the book on Saturday before dinner and had all but two chapters read by the time I went to bed last night. Its that good, I just couldn't put it down! I read the rest this evening and highly recommend it! Its by Nicholas Sparks who also wrote the Notebook, another great read!!

So, we left Saturday morning and headed to see Kaiden, it slipped my mind to grab the camera of course. I was focused on making sure we all had toothbrushes and bathing suits. It was nice to see him and I think he enjoyed some good quality time with Daddy. They swam for a couple of hours while Mya and I napped in the hotel room. Then after a nice dinner at Olive Garden we spent family time together in the room where Mya liked to boss Kaiden around. She is pretty good at it, a little too good I think! While Daddy slept (he worked all night before) the kids played and watched toonies (cartoons) and I read my book :-) Daddy and Kaiden had a friendly competition with the Nintendo DS the next day while Mya was throwing up everywhere. She's had a cough (croup really) since middle of last week, took her to doc on Friday to make sure she didn't have tonsillitis or something...Ansley had it. Negative, but he did give her some Phenergan with codeine. She was the perfect little patient for good 'ole doc of course but wouldn't even open her mouth for me to look at her throat. Doctor Kaiden was the only one Sunday morning that she would take meds from so he gave it to her! She eventually stopped throwing up and was pretty good all of the way home. She has been fine ever since thank goodness!!

Tomorrow we have a doctors appointment and the great glucola test...Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

laura mcpherson said...

I have been seeing the previews and it looks really good! Not sure Justin would be up for going with me though :) Not his kind of movie! Maybe I will just have to get the book. I'm not much of a reader...but I do LOVE Nichols Sparks. I had no idea this was one of his books! Thanks for the recommendation!

Good luck with the glucose test!!

Audra said...

I too has seen the previews. It looks like a real tear jerker. I wish I was a reader..I guess this could be the book that turns me into one :) Hope your test went well!

aday said...

Im so glad you posted this Brandy. After seeing the previews I thought this would be better to read then see. I will add it to my list of "Books to read"once I survive phlebotomy :)

Theresa said...

I am really hoping Eric and I get a chance to go see this before the baby gets here!