We celebrated Mya's birthday on Saturday. It turned out really well and no major catastrophe's occured! She was surrounded by those who love her, got a lot of really nice gifts, and despite nap time was pretty well behaved.
I made Mya's cake, as I did last year. I am hoping to make it somewhat of a "tradition" but who knows if I will be able to keep it up or not! This year I tried fondant. Contrary to what I thought it wasn't that difficult. Now, I am no Cake Boss so its amateur :-) but still turned out good. I never realized though how hard it got after it set! Thankfully I always make cupcakes or something because I am never quite sure how my cake will turn out!
I forgot to take more pics during the process but this is the finished product below:
It says her name on it but it's kinda hard to see.
We had her party at Baden Square and I am thankful I moved it there. My house is just not big enough to host somewhat large parties!
The set up:
She then got to open her presents. She gets really excited and does pretty good at it. She tells everyone thank you after we open them up so I hope to keep up the good manners! She received wonderful gifts and is a very luck girl!
Silly Face!

After the inside activities we had an Easter egg hunt. Thankfully the weather cooperated somewhat...at least it wasn't SNOWING! I think they all had fun trying to find them. The bigger kids were excited to see who could find the money eggs so I think it turned out well even for them. Mya quickly got the hang of it! The kids' party favors were the buckets/shovel with goodies inside. I thought it was fairly practical for summer time and also doubled as their Easter basket!
After the inside activities we had an Easter egg hunt. Thankfully the weather cooperated somewhat...at least it wasn't SNOWING! I think they all had fun trying to find them. The bigger kids were excited to see who could find the money eggs so I think it turned out well even for them. Mya quickly got the hang of it! The kids' party favors were the buckets/shovel with goodies inside. I thought it was fairly practical for summer time and also doubled as their Easter basket!
When I asked Mya if she had a good birthday she says "YES". I believe it, she was having a lot of fun and was totally exhausted by the end. She didn't even stay awake from Baden Square to the fairgrounds...she was out!
Thanks to the girls who took lots of pics for me on my camera!! I didn't take very many because I was so busy but you were all taking care of me! Thanks so much, I would have hated to miss such great snapshots!
*
The babies were there in style....
And little Miss Ansley. She snoozed the whole time!
Thanks to everyone who helped in any and every way. And Thanks to my hubby for all of his help too. I am not always the easiest to please :-) Love you honey!
*
We would like to give a great big THANKS to all of you who were able to make it. We really appreciate you helping us celebrate a wonderful milestone in Mya' s life!
7 comments:
fabulous job on the cake Brandy!! Soo awesome!
The cake looks like a professional did it!! So cute!! You are just so talented!!
Beautiful cake!
Looks like it was a great party! And the cake is awesome! Way to go!
That cake is amazing! Great job :) Looks like sweet birthday girl had a great party!
Great job on the cake Brandy! You are so multi-talented!
I'm impressed! I've never tackled fondant before but it looks like it turned out really well for you! Great job!
Post a Comment