Sunday, September 28, 2008

Babies Everywhere

On Friday we went down to our neighbors pampered chef party and it was fun. Melissa and Zach came over later and mingled also. They are only a couple of months away from being right next door. We weren't out too late as I am on call but it was a good relaxing time. It is nice to have such a great neighborhood!!

On Saturday we went to the car show...of course I mainly go for the crafts. Plus Mya is such a people watcher and she loves being out and about! She is afraid she will miss something so her eyes stay glued on everyone. It is hard to get her to eat she is so preoccupied. It was hot so we came home and took a nap before going back down for the summit show-off :) We had dinner with Liza and Vince, they have a little boy Andrez that is about 2 months older than Mya. Its cute to see them together! Then we went uptown and visited with Mica and Jimmy who have a little boy Brecken who is only about 3 weeks older than Mya...but outweighs her by 10 POUNDS! They look funny together because of their size. Our princess was worn out after that so she went to bed and we headed home. She slept until about 5 this morning and I fed her and she went back to sleep until 7...then her and Fredo got up and I slept in...AHHHHH Heaven!

Today I have been doing laundry and trying to pick up this house. We did go down to Sirloin Stockade for my Grandpa's birthday. It is great to see everyone but Mya still gets overwhelmed! My family is so big that I think its too much for her all at once. She eventually got used to everyone and Grams even got smiles out of her!! She is getting better. My mom had her for a while and she did pretty good but after a while she gets nervous I think and wants her parents! :)

Tonight Mya took her very first shower... YES an actual shower not a bath. She enjoyed it and did really good. It is much quicker for me! Although we will be doing baths so she can play, kick her feet around and chew on her little ducky.

Well, Daddy and Mya are sleeping so I am going to finish up the laundry and head to bed myself....

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Brandi ... thanks for sharing this part of your life with me. Mya is most definitely a little Princess, and it is so obvious that she is absolutely adored by her entire extended family, each and everyone! Sounds like you and Fredo got a much deserved and needed weekend away, and you really need to get back to Iowa as often as you possibly can. It is like a tonic, a good tasting tonic, for you, Fredo, and Mya, and Kaiden, too. He looks to be so proud of his little sister! Anyway, congrats on your "vacation". Ain't it good to get away?