Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Weekend

Hope everyone had a Happy Valentines! We celebrated last week so it was nice to stay home and not deal with the usual rush of restaurants. Janell got Mya an abundance of things for V-day and Rhonda made her an absolutely adorable dress. Mya got to visit the girls at work...Randy and Dick too... on Friday. She was in her element.."everyone look at me!" She did really well and was a happy little thing. Janell got her a bubble machine which she loves. We have done it several times here and she will enjoy it when the weather gets nice too! She also got several cute clothes and a bucket with utensils to play in the sand with. She is a loved little girl! I got a few pics of Mya in her dress...


Walkin' the runway!Such a cute little backSince she was a baby I haven't really taken many pics of her sleeping...so here's one for ya





So I realized that our camera has so many more capabilities than I was aware of! Since we got the camera in December I haven't really dug into the "how to" on such a complicated machine. I decided that since we ARE going to Mexico soon I should probably figure this thing out. I'm amazed! I don't have any sort of photo shop or anything so I am pretty much limited to whatever the camera can do....and WOW! I'm truly in Awww :-) It does all of the different tones (sepia, b/w, colors, etc) which is handy because after the pic is taken I can change it. I have used this feature but I also found another thing. I pick one color out of the the picture and it turns everything else b/w. I'm not sure why this is useful but its neat! I am still learning, I am no pro! I am excited about all of the possibilities in Mexico...like panoramic pics! SO, here are a few of my experiments. Yes Mya is spoiled and her toys are all over the place...perfect for different colors though!









Miss and Zach headed for Cancun on Saturday....lucky ducks! I hope they enjoy the 80-90 degree weather with their margarita in hand. They should have a great vacation and I can't wait to see all of the pictures!!


I ordered Mya's birthday invitations this weekend...they are super cute. I had several in mind but I hope the ones I chose are as cute in person as I think they are online. Most of the ones I found were kinda cheesy. I was going to do the invites with her picture but it would cost a fortune! I can almost buy the whole party pack for the price I was going to spend on just invitations. In this economy I can settle for cute and simple! And just as a heads up I believe her party will be the weekend of March 14th! Here is a preview of what I ordered:


Enjoy the last few hours left of the weekend....tomorrow IS Monday!

2 comments:

JD said...

It's amazing how different life is raising girls than boys. Here I am thinking about posting the story of my little angel lighting the roll of toilet paper on fire yesterday and you are posting pictures of your little angel in her sweet little dress! Too funny.

Anonymous said...

wow! look at all the new friends you keep adding!! :) someday i'll have a blog! actually, there may beone in the works as soon as we find out were pregnant;0)