Sunday, February 22, 2009

That's what little girls are made of!

I was ready for the weekend to begin. I had a lot I wanted to get done and I just love my weekends with my family! Friday we went grocery shopping...so much fun ;-) It was definitely necessary as we didn't even have the staples in our home. Then we went over to Miss and Zach's house and drank a few beers with them. Mike and Joyce were there and it has been a while since I've seen them so it was nice to chat. Whit and Brad came after a while and stayed for the weekend. The boys ended up going to the bar while we went to bed. It's not that I have a crazy, hard physical job but I am usually wanting to just lounge and sleep on Friday. I did get Mya's invitation and party stuff though. As you can see, she loves it!



I called our accountant on Friday to see if our taxes were done. We had planned to do a little shopping on Saturday but I didn't want to if I had to pay and arm and leg to the government. We are getting a refund and so I think everyone should benefit from this :-) On Saturday we went to Wichita to a few places. I was able to pick up Jax's birthday gift...I enjoy buying for boys Mya's age! I never just browse the boy's selection but it is fun shopping for Jax simply because I can relate to what Mya would enjoy playing with! Anyways, we hit up what seems like everywhere but did get a lot accomplished. We went to Toys R Us to look for Mya a birthday present. I guess you could say we came home with more than enough. Not quantity...quality :) We got the kiddo's a playset. It was on sale for a pretty good price, which ended Saturday so it wasn't something we could wait and think about! Or at least that is what I was telling myself. My rationale was that we are getting some money back from taxes and I have always had this dream: Sit out on my patio set while my hubby grills and we watch the kids play on the jungle gym in the backyard. I couldn't pass it up. We may never have the extra money to spend and it is something that will last a really long time and hopefully they will thoroughly enjoy for years. My dream come true... (although I don't have a patio set, its a step in the right direction) So, here it is:

So, they made out like bandits! I did get a few sun dresses for me to take to Mexico. I am trying to think of packing clothes for 10 days. Two dresses is outfits for 2 days and easy on my suitcase. I really like them and they are super comfy



So I guess I did pretty good too. Alfredo didn't get anything...not one thing! He said he is going to do his shopping online. I guess that's a man for ya! So after our shopping adventure we were ready to come home. I made chicken spaghetti, which was quite yummy, and we didn't do much else. Stayed up and chatted with Whitney and Brad, contemplated going to the bar but decided to just stay home.
*
Today Alfredo went and picked up the playset from the store while I cleaned up the house and started laundry. We had to go see our accountant to sign things and pay her. The rest of this afternoon is dedicated to laundry and family time. That is what Sunday's are for...Sweet, loving, family bonding!
*
I caught a few pics of little Miss Mya:



Her first cabbage patch. She carries around all of the dolls she has like little babies. It is the cutest darn thing I have ever seen!

"Mommy can I just go out and play?"
*
I took some pics of Mya modeling her bathing suit. Janell needed an updated pic of Mya and had talked about wanting to see her in her suit. I couldn't help but share it although you will see it again after we go to Mexico.
In her little sarong!

What am I wearing?


And that's what little girls are made of!

1 comment:

McKenzie said...

I am so glad you found my blog, because now I can read yours! Your little Mya is so BIG and so beautiful...what an amazing little girl she has turned out to be! I wish the best to you and your wonderful family...I'll be reading!