So on the schedule for this weekend: exhaustion! We are headed to Iowa to 1) to see Kaiden and 2) Baptize Mya. It has been so incredibly long since we have seen Kaiden so it will be good to see his shining face. I have come to realize that he is not the little 4 year old I met anymore. He is so smart and getting so old. Although still impressionable he has a mind of his own! So I am looking forward to spending time with him and getting some pics of the kids together. SO, back to the Iowa trip. We will leave after work on Friday. I know it will be late but here's my take on it--Mya can sleep most of the way, which makes things go by so much quicker and smoother. On Saturday we will baptize her at 1:00pm and then the rest of the evening is devoted to Kaiden. Brad and Whitney are going to (Brad is the Godfather) so they will reap the fatigue also! Don't get me wrong I love to go, I just wish it was either closer or I had more days to stay. Sunday we will head back mid-morning so Mya will have to bear the 8-9 hour drive awake!
We were irresponsible parents as Mya should have been baptized A LONG TIME AGO! I guess better late than never! And needless to say next week we will all be going to bed early!
So, guess what? Mya is getting her upper tooth. Yes tooth... as in One! She will look funny at first but hopefully the second will soon follow. It is just barely peeking threw her poor swollen gums. I can feel it and if we get her laughing enough we can get a closer look at it. I hope she has both before Mexico..but that is only about a month away.
Miss came over for a glamorous meal tonight: hamburgers and hot dogs! It's the weather I suppose. It was nice to chat and Mya loves her aunt Miss! We were all able to play outside for a while. She threw a little hissy fit when she had to get off of her tractor. She can't wait to be outside all of the time. I am sure she will enjoy those mud pies she will be sampling :-) It makes me anxious for spring and even more so for summer!
Happy Hump Day tomorrow!
2 comments:
I found your blog the other day through Laura's. You have got the most beautiful family! Glad to see you're doing well:)
Thanks for posting the comment. I never would have looked for Brandy "Cuevas" if you hadn't said something! :) I'll have to add you to my reading list. I had no idea that you're married and have kids!! Your children are absolutely beautiful... like their mom, of course! :) So I take it you're still in Winfield? I'm looking forward to keeping up, now that we've reconnected!!
Post a Comment