Not much has gone on this week but I just wanted to brag a little on my princess! Since my last post about her throwing fits, she has amazingly not thrown one. Odd huh! She has been a wonderful little girl who has minded quite well!
Today Mya got her one year shots :-( She did better than ever though. Three shots total and she will go back at 18 months for the rest. They have changed things around because they added Hepatitis A shots, which require another shot in 6 months for booster, so they split them up a little bit more. Anywhoo, she did well and doc said she was doing good. They weighed her on the big scale not the baby one. She was 18 pounds...Yes you heard it, 18 POUNDS!!! I couldn't believe it! Just 9 days ago at the doctors office she weighed 16.12 pounds on the baby scale (and on ours at home too). I thought it was a mistake so when we got home I stuck her on ours...she weighed 18 pounds! She gained 1+ pounds over about a weeks time. WAHHOOOO! She has really been eating like a hog so I hope she continues this. She is feeling much better with no ear infections, runny nose, congestion, or anything else. I believe the nice sunshine helps too!
My little princess has been doing the cutest things ever lately so I must share! When she needs her diaper changed I lay one of those diaper pads down on the floor. She has gotten the idea of what this means! She will go over to the pad and lay herself down on top of it ready to be changed! This is nice...no fighting to get the diaper duty over with!
Also she has started putting her face into the bath water. I think she is trying to drink it but still its too cute! She puts her face in, then looks at me and wrinkles that little nose with the widest smile I have ever seen and a laugh that will make your heart melt!
The next thing I must boast about is her reading! I have put all of her books onto a bookshelf in the hallway. She knows where to find them AND has put them back herself when told! Not always, but any help is better than nothing! She acts like she is reading but she sounds like Elmer Fudd! Literally!
No actual words spoken yet but she will babble your head off! She has learned where her belly button is! When asked (if she is feeling like it) she will point and pull up her shirt. We have been working on the nose too but she doesn't do as well with it. I think we will try to focus on the ears because she seems to like to point to those better!
I am grateful for my family and very proud of my little girl. Maybe she will keep gaining weight and be big enough to be in a forward facing car seat soon!! 22pounds before its truly safe and I thought it was going to be closer to the age of 2...cross your fingers for me!
Have a great weekend everyone!
3 comments:
Ahh....sounds like she's doing some super cute things these days! We are such proud Mommies!!
Barrett hasn't moved up to the big boy carseat yet...he just hit the 20lb. mark, finally! I didn't think it was ever going to happen :)
Love reading the updates on your little one - she's such a sweetie. :) You should check out my blog... :()
I saw that Mya was 18 pounds and was curious how tall she was? We just went for Jaxson's 6 month check up and he weighed 17.3 pounds, but he is 28 inches tall??!!!!
Your little Mya is so darn cute!
Post a Comment