Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Viva MEXICO

Hello all! It's been forever since I've posted and A LOT has happened! We made it to Mexico and back safely. I know several people were worried because of all the talk about how bad it is down there. Luckily we didn't see any of the crime and had a blast! It was a great family vacation and we were pretty much always on the GO! Alfredo showed us around to all of the familiar places to him and it was nice to see his background and where he grew up. Although it is a different way of living down there I really enjoyed it and embraced the culture. I would absolutely go again and think his family is wonderful! It was cold when we got back to Kansas and I was loving the warm weather with tanktops and flipflops in Mexico!! I must admit though I do enjoy some of my luxeries I have here at home! I did not realize that I would have to PAY to use the restroom in public places...Sheez! I think my husband was worried about how I would do down there but contrary to his thoughts I really had a great time and lots of memories to take with me forever!


So, instead of writing one huge post I thought I would write a day-to-day journal of our vacation. (Okay, so it may not be the next day when I actually get it written :) Here is the first part, hope you enjoy it cause we sure did!


*Packing--Yuck, Yuck, and Yuck. I hate packing. I am too anal and always have to think of every little thing that may happen and be prepared for it. I was a bit stressed during this stage because I just do that...stress! Once everyone had their necessities and Mya had more than any child should need I was done with that! Mya wanted to help me so she sat inside the suitcase. We told Kaiden we tried to ship her but she made too much noise! :)


SATURDAY MARCH 21ST
*******HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY BABY MYA!!***************

*Airplane--Everything went smoothly--thankfully! Our flight left at 6:40am. Yeah, we had to get up early. The kids did well though. They were tired which was a blessing in reality. Kaiden was scared at first on the plane. Alfredo playfully undid his seatbelt and he about had a cow! After the take off he was much better and enjoyed looking out the window. After that flight he thought he was a pro :) As for Mya she just slept...on EVERY plane ride. Her ears never seemed to bother her and she was a really good girl.








*Mexico City--When we arrived Alfredo's cousin met us. We went and got our rental van and headed out to site see. I must give a heads-up if anyone plans on going to Mexico and renting a car: Don't purchase insurance online threw a 3rd party site (I used hotwire). Apparently it is void on international reservations. I think its a joke and they just try to get way too much money out of you but I suppose the alternative is worse! SO anyway. We were able to go and see some really neat buildings and also visit the Lady of Guadalupe. The kids needed to run around and get rid of some energy! We ate lunch at a really nice restaraunt and it even had a play room for kids--great! Then we went back to the airport to get the rest of Alfredo's family that was flying in from Iowa on a later flight. We stayed at Alfredo's Aunts house that evening and it was really nice. We slept in a California King bed....YES! It fit all four of us fantistically! They made dinner for us and we just relaxed a bit...a much needed rest after a day of travel!


At the Restaraunt in Mexico CityLady of GuadalupeAt Alfredo's Aunts House (below)

No comments: