Thursday, April 2, 2009

MEXICO~ Day 2~ Sunday

On Sunday we woke up nice and rested. After we ate breakfast and everyone got together again (Remember there were like 11+ of us) we finally headed out to the Pyramids in Mexico City. Mya was a happy little thing and for some reason started eating her toes again :-)


Too Cute! Anyways, once we got there we saw these guys on a pole in the parking lot. Sounds funny huh? They were playing music and dancing around. It was extremly high up and they weren't secured with safety harness' at all. I'm not sure what it was all about but it was neat to watch them do their thing.



We got all of our stuff together and snapped a few pics of the kiddo's in the parking lot. Eva has on a strap thing to keep her close and I wish I had one for Mya! Mya loves to walk around and be a big girl but I can only bend down for so long and hold onto her little hand so she doesn't escape!On the way to the Pyramids I was thinking "Oh my...its sure a long, LONG way to get there!" It took us what seemed like forever to walk to them. I thought the stroller was a brilliant idea because Mya loves to ride in it. I soon realized it was not such a great thing because once we were past the cement it was all rock. Not smooth, nice rock...serious rock! Bumpy, wheel-getting stuck, crapy rock! So Alfredo ended up carrying it instead and Mya was just in our arms which I'm sure she didn't mind too much.
I love this pic of our family. We look soo good if I must say so myself :-)




This little kid was on our way out of the Pyramids. He was selling beer! Alfredo got a pic of him because of the get-up and mask I think. It's truely Mexico!
So the pictures below are a restaraunt we ate in, which is actually inside a cave. It was super neat and cool too! The food was excellent and they had a show as well where they did dancing and such. It was a good ending from a day of walking a lot in the hot, hot sun!





Mya in her old-fashioned high chair. I love it!

We are just messing around outside to let loose some of Mya's energy!

Pictures of the show they put on. They went all out and were very festive!
*
So Sunday mostly consisted of the Pyramids, eating at the cave, and then driving to Jojutla which is where Alfredo's grandma lives. It was about 2 1/2 hours away and the kids slept on the drive. Once we got to Jojutla we settled in and all went to sleep after cool showers!!
*
It was a good Sunday and we got a good taste of Mexico. I was anxious for the days to come and especially Monday because Mya was having ANOTHER birthday party :-) So stay tuned...there is more to come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! Looks like you guys had an awesome trip. :) The picture of your family is adorable... what a cute bunch!